What Is Occupational Health And Safety?
It is the scientific and systematic work carried out in order to protect the employees and provide them a better working environment in the workplaces, the dangers that may occur during the execution of the work and the conditions that may harm the health.
Does the Legal Requirement Exist?
According to Article 17 of the Law No. 6331 on Occupational Health and Safety, employers ensure that employees receive occupational health and safety training.
On 15 May 2013, the Regulation on the Procedures and Principles of Occupational Health and Safety Trainings has been published.
Who Can Get Basic Occupational Health and Safety Training?
Both blue-collar employees and white-collar employees
Who Can Give Training?
1. Occupational safety specialists and workplace physicians in the workplace
2. Workers, employers and public servants organizations,
3. Educational foundations established by institutions and jointly established training centers,
5. Education units of public institutions,
6. Professional organizations of public institutions
7. Educational institutions authorized by the Ministry
8. Can be given by common health and safety units.
What is targeted by education?
· To provide a healthy and safe environment in the workplace,
· Reduce occupational accidents and occupational diseases,
· To inform employees about their legal rights and responsibilities,
· To teach the occupational risks that employees face and the precautions to be taken against these risks
· To provide appropriate behavior by creating awareness of occupational health and safety.
When Is Basic Training Given?
· before starting work,
· At workplace or job change,
· Change of work equipment
· If new technology is implemented
What are the Obligations of the Employer?
According to Article 5 of liği Regulation on the Procedures and Principles of Occupational Health and Safety Training of Employees ine published in the Official Gazette dated 15.05.2013 and numbered 28648, employers and employees have obligations related to occupational health and safety training.
1. Provides the preparation and implementation of the programs.
2. Provides suitable place, tools and equipments for trainings.
3. Ensures that employees participate in these programs.
4. Ensures participation certificate for the participants at the end of the program.
How is the Tuition Fee Covered?
The cost of occupational health and safety training cannot be reflected on employees. It is covered by the employer.
What are the Training Subjects?
1. General issues a) Information on labor legislation, b) Legal rights and responsibilities of employees, c) Workplace cleaning and layout, ç) Legal consequences arising from occupational accidents and occupational diseases
2. Health issues a) Causes of occupational diseases, b) Principles of prevention and application of prevention techniques, c) Biological and psychosocial risk factors,
3. Technical issues a) Chemical, physical and ergonomic risk factors, b) Manual lifting and transportation, c) Glare, explosion, fire and fire protection, d) Safe use of work equipment, d) Working with display vehicles, e) Electricity, hazards (f) Safety and health signs; (h) Use of personal protective equipment; (h) General rules of occupational health and safety and safety culture; (i) Evacuation and recovery;
Where can I get the training?
Taksim OSGB experienced and expert staff, these trainings are not only for the purpose of fulfilling the obligations specified in the legislation; achieves behavior change in employees.
Please visit http://www.taksimosgb.net/ website and contact us at 0212 438 42 06. You can get detailed information about the training fee and its content.
How often are the trainings repeated?
· At least once a year in workplaces located in very dangerous class.
· At least once in 2 years at workplaces in hazardous class.
· At least once in 3 years in the workplaces in the less dangerous class.
Are additional training done?
· Before starting work on the return of the worker to work accident or occupational disease, additional training is given about the reasons of the accident or occupational disease, protection methods and safe working methods.
· Those who are away from work for more than six months for any reason, are given information renewal training before they start work again.
How Much Training Time?
· At least 8 hours for less dangerous workplaces,
· At least 12 hours for hazardous workplaces,
· At least 16 hours for very dangerous workplaces
What Happens at the End of Education?
Although participation in education is compulsory, a certificate is awarded to the participants who are over 70 points in the exams to be held at the end of the training.
The edited trainings are documented and these documents are kept in the personal files of the employees. The name, surname, title of the person who attended the training, the title of the person who attended the training, the subject, duration of the training, the name of the training provider