Legal Legislation Available?
It is obligatory to apply in all new buildings in accordance with Article 10-a of the Regulation on Grounding in Electricity Facilities, which was published in the Official Gazette dated 21.08.2001 and numbered 2400.
(Article 10, item 2): Measuring and monitoring the continuity of the connections of the main and complementary potential equalization conductors of the protection conductors: It is imperative to measure and monitor the continuity of the connections of the main and complementary potential equalization conductors of the protection conductors with an experiment.
Grounding measurement and reporting within the scope of the, Grounding, Lightning Protection and Electrical Installation periodic control has been compulsory once a year has been made compulsory by the regulation of health and safety conditions in the use of work equipments published in the Official Gazette dated 25.04.2013 and numbered 28608. it was made obligatory to do so once.
Control of the suitability of the electrical installation; The Regulation on Health and Safety Measures to be Taken in the Workplace Building and Add-ons should be carried out according to the Regulation on Electrical High Current Plants, Regulation on Electrical Internal Facilities and TS EN 60079 standard.
Regulation on Health and Safety Measures to be Taken in Workplace Buildings and Additions´ Annex-1 Article 5: The design, installation, ion of materials and protective devices of the electrical installation shall be made in accordance with the voltage and environmental conditions to be used and maintenance, repair, control and operation of the electrical installation shall be provided. . In this context, TS HD 60364-4-43 standard is taken into account and necessary records are kept.
What is Grounding Measurement?
Grounding measurement is the process for measuring the grounding resistance value in a building.
Electric vehicle (generator, transformer, motor, lighting pole, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) is not active, so that the load of uncharged metal parts of a conductor through the process of connecting the soil
Why is grounding important?
If there is no grounding, the error currents will flow over the human touching this device and the death events may occur depending on the current level. Due to the grounding, leakage currents are routed safely to the ground and if installed with an automatic opening system, the electrical system is safely cut off. For this reason, proper grounding is important in terms of protecting people´s lives, and is vital for the protection of devices and investments.
What is the purpose of grounding measurement?
The grounding measurement is done to determine whether the electrical voltage is within the limit values ??specified by the legislation. If the measured values ??are outside the limit values, various corrective actions are recommended. The most important aim of grounding measurement is to ensure occupational safety, ie human life.
Who can do the grounding measurement?
In accordance with the Annex-P clause of the Electricity Installations Regulation, the measurements, reporting and appropriate evaluation of the electrical installations shall be carried out only by the electrical, electrical and electronic engineers who are members of EMO. In order to carry out these measurements, it is obligatory for the organizations to have personnel with the title of ına engineer Bu and certificate of authority.
How long is the grounding report valid?
The validity period of the prepared earthing measurement report is 1 year from the measurement date. After the validity of the report, the grounding measurement should be repeated according to the legislation.
WHICH DEVICES CAN BE EARTHED TO MEASURE?
1. Neutral Points of Generator and Transformers
2. Various Cutters, Distribution Cells and Panels
3. Surge arrester and insulator bases
4. Lightning Rod Plants
5. All Pipe Networks in Switchgear or Tarafo Centers
6. Telephone Switchboards
7. Antenna Facilities
8. Liquid and High Gas Tanks and Their Metal Components
9. High Chimneys and Cable Handling Systems
10. UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) (s
12. Siding metal part
13. Lighting fixtures metal junction boxes
WHAT ARE THE PERIODS OF GROUNDING MEASUREMENT AND GROUND REPORT ???
· 2 years for electricity generation, transmission and distribution facilities,
· 5 years for power transmission and distribution lines,
· For industrial facilities and trade centers; 1 year for grounding resistance, inspection and measurement,
· For industrial facilities and trade centers; 2 years for other inspection, measurement and controls related to grounding facilities,
· For non-stationary installations: 1 year for stationary operating elements,
· For non-stationary installations: 6 months for displaceable operating elements,
· Flammable, explosive, hazardous and hazardous work places with grounding facilities and working places in wet environments