On April 25, 2013, the Ministry of Labor and Social Security issued the Regulation on Health and Safety Conditions in the Use of Work Equipment. There have been some changes in the regulation on 24 April 2017.
Includes all workplaces covered by the Occupational Health and Safety Law No. 6331 dated 20 June 2012 (Articles 30 and 31)
Based on the Articles 2 and 12 of the Law on the Organization and Duties of the Ministry of Labor and Social Security dated 31 January 1985 and numbered 3146 and in accordance with the European Union Directive 2009/104 / EC of 3 October 2009.
Work Equipment This Include. Any machine, tool, plant and installation used to perform the work.
WHAT IS PERIODIC CONTROL?
Inspection, testing and testing activities of the work equipment by authorized persons in accordance with the procedures specified in the Regulation and specified in the Regulation.
What Are The Periodic Controls For?
1. Prevent work accidents
2. Safe use of machines and devices.
3. Arrange efficient working conditions.
4. It contributes to prolonging the life of the machines.
5. Contributes to human-machine relationship.
6. Prevents environmental contamination.
7. Produce production.
What is the Importance of PERIODIC CONTROLS?
Depending on the operating conditions and time, the pressure vessels and lifting machines start to deteriorate and deform over time. As this process progresses, the life of the machines is depleted. With continuous maintenance, this can be delayed. Only periodic controls to be performed can be determined whether the machines will operate safely. During the periodic inspections, all general and critical points of the device which are controlled are recorded and recorded.
Who is authorized to perform the periodic inspection?
With some exceptions, engineers, technicians and high technicians are involved in the related branches.
It is compulsory that the persons who will perform periodical control should receive training, and the organizations that will perform periodic checks should obtain a certificate of service adequacy or be accredited.
The persons who will perform periodic checks for the work equipment are given a temporary registration number until the obligation to receive training is completed. For the periodic checks of work equipment
Those who do not fulfill the obligation to receive training cannot conduct periodic checks and report reports on the relevant work equipment.
Does the Employer Have Obligations in Work Equipment Controls?
· The employer takes all necessary measures to ensure that the work equipment to be used in the workplace is suitable for the work to be done and that this equipment does not harm the employees in terms of health and safety.
· Employer; When ing work equipment, it takes care to ensure that the use of the equipment does not pose any additional danger, taking into account the specific operating conditions at work and the hazards of health and safety.
· Employer; If the work equipment cannot ensure that it is completely safe for the health and safety of its employees, it shall take appropriate measures to reduce it to an acceptable risk level.
· During the use of the work equipment, the employer takes adequate care and takes the necessary measures.
· The employer ensures that the work equipment used in the workplace is at the appropriate security level.
· In the application of the minimum health and safety requirements, the positions of the employees and the working methods and ergonomics principles during the use of work equipment are fully taken into account by the employer.
· The employer is obliged to inform employees about the work equipment and their use.
· The employer is provided with the training for the employees who are responsible for using the work equipment, the risks that may arise from their use and the ways of avoiding them.
· Employees are provided with adequate special training by their employers in the fields of repair, modification, maintenance and maintenance of work equipment.
What are the business equipment for periodic inspection?
· Pressure vessels and installations
Steam Boilers, Heater Boilers, Portable Gas Cylinders (Stitched, Seamless), Portable Acetylene Tubes, Manifold Acetylene Tube Bundles, Liquefied Gas Tanks (LPG, etc.) (aboveground), Liquefied Gas Tanks (LPG, etc.) (Underground) LPG cylinders in use, compressed air tanks, cryogenic tanks, tanks and tanks where dangerous liquids are found, safety valves in LPG tanks
· Lifting and forwarding equipment
Lifting and / or Forwarding Vehicles, Lift (Human and Load Bearing), Escalator and Escalator, Stacker (Forklift, Pallet Truck, Lift), Scaffolding
Electrical Installation, Grounding Installation, Lightning Arrester, Accumulator, Transformer, Fire Fighting and Hoses, Motopumps, Piping, Fire Extinguisher, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Installation
What are Lifting Tools Periodic Controls? Who Makes It?
Testing and controls of lifting machines and vehicles, by operators before starting work and on steel ropes, chains, hooks, slings,