WHAT IS THERMAL COMFORT?
Indicates that the employees in the workplace should have a certain comfort while maintaining both their physical and mental activities in terms of climate conditions such as temperature, humidity and air flow.
WHY SHOULD I DO THERMAL COMFORT MEASUREMENTS FOR THE WORKPLACE?
Employers and employees; It does not immediately recognize the comfort of thermal comfort in a closed environment. however, after a period of time, thermal comfort is felt. If thermal comfort conditions are not available; before you feel distress and then discomfort is heard.
Increases in work accidents and decrease in production, in other words, leads to a decrease in productivity.
WHICH ARE THE IMPORTANT TRANSPORT FOR WHICH WORKERS?
It must be made for each workplace.
Foundries, rolling mills, blast furnaces, boiler rooms, cement and lime factories, bread factories and ovens, thermal power plants, natural gas conversion plants, heat treatment units etc. It is vital to measure workplaces at workplaces where workplaces have hot working conditions. Again in the open air under this work in the group.
WHAT IS THE MEASUREMENT RESULTS EVALUATED? DO YOU HAVE A STANDARD STANDARD?
Temperature and Moisture measurements According to TS EN 27243 Hot Environments - WBGT (Age - Hop Sphere Temperature) Index, The Pressure of Heat on Employee is Estimated and replaced by TS EN ISO 7243: 2017 - Ergonomics of thermal environment - WBGT (wet bulb global temperature) index (ISO 7243 : 2017) using heat stress assessment standard.
TS EN ISO 7730 Medium thermal environments-Determination of pmv and ppd indices
The relevant articles of the Regulation on Health and Safety Measures to be Taken in the Workplace Building Add-ons published in the Official Gazette dated 17.07.2013 and numbered 28710 are taken into consideration.
WHAT ARE THE TERMAL COMFORT CONDITIONS?
1. Air temperature
2. Humidity density of air
3. Air flow rate
4. Radiant heat
6. Metabolic temperature
WHAT MEASURES CAN BE TAKEN?
First of all, you can complete your measurements and get support from outside.
1. With a suitable heating and cooling system, the workplace should be heated and cooled to the desired level.
2. If the workplace is cold, many small heaters should be used in suitable places. Heaters, ventilation holes and
the air coming from the windows should be placed in such a way that they can be heated before they come to the employees.
3. The factory must be insulated with roof and north facing wall with a good insulating material when installing.
4. The floor covering the employees should be suitable for the job.
5. Employees should be given appropriate clothes.
6. Create a suitable ventilation system. It can be done by local aspiration or in general.
7. Personal protection should be provided to employees who are fit for the season.
8. Hot objects should be stained with low radiation.
9. Workers should be provided with protective clothing if necessary.
10. Use radiation shield for radiant heat.
11. If necessary, heat absorbing shields which absorb the radiant heat and which can be controlled by ventilation should be used.
12. Heavy work should not be done to the worker unless the hottest hours of the day (10.00-16.00) are compulsory.
13. They should be careful not to be exposed to sunshine, to avoid excessive movement, to take out saline-containing aqueous foods as often as possible.
14. At least 2-4 cups of liquid should be taken for each hour of operation.
15. Adults at risk, elderly workers should be monitored at least twice a day for sun or heat stroke.
16. For employees working in an office environment, windows that have sunshine should be shaded by curtains or similar blinds.
WHAT ARE AVAILABLE IN THIS ISSUE?
Related Regulation; From the Ministry of Labor and Social Security: REGULATION ON THE HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES TO BE TAKEN IN THE WORKPLACE BUILDING AND ADDITIONS
Measurement standard; OHS (Thermal Comfort) * Determination of thermal comfort and determination of the effect of cold working conditions on people / air flow velocity, global temperature, ambient temperature, relative humidity, wet tank temperature and global temperature: TS EN ISO 7730 / Ergonomics of thermal environment - WBGT (wet assessment of heat stress using the bulb global temperature index (ISO 7243: 2017)
REGULATION ON HEALTH AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN IN THE WORKPLACE BUILDING AND ADDITIONS APPENDIX 1 ACCORDING TO MINIMUM HEALTH AND SAFETY CONDITIONS TO BE APPLIED IN THE WORKPLACE BUILDING AND ADDITIONS;
19: It is essential that the thermal comfort conditions in the workplace will not disturb the employees and do not adversely affect the physical and psychological conditions of the employees. It is ensured that the temperature of the working environment is suitable for the working style and the power consumed by the employees. Resting, waiting, changing places, shower and toilets, cafeterias, canteens and first aid rooms